Home School Link Workers
Working together to support children, young people, and their families
Bridgit Beynon (Pewley) and Lucy Cray (Holy Trinity) are school staff employed as our fantastic Home School Link Workers (HSLW). They aim to support families through various situations as they arise, and encourage all children to enjoy school and feel happy and secure. You can contact them through your child's teacher, or directly by emailing Bridgit at email@example.com or Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud that as a result of our work with Young Carers that HTPD has been awarded the Surrey Young Carers Angel Award.
During term time we work in partnership with parents/carers, schools and other agencies to support families, aiming to resolve current issues and prevent future difficulties.
We can help
- children who are experiencing difficult times or who are withdrawn or anxious
- parents/carers experiencing difficulties with their child’s behaviour
- families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- parents/carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or who have been excluded
- parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties.
We can also
- help with links between you and school
- support you at school meetings
- help you find your way through the education system
- guide you towards other sources of help, advice and support
- provide information on support groups for parents/carers
How do I contact the Home School Link Worker?
Parents/carers, schools and children can ask us to become involved. With your consent we will explore the difficulties your child or family is experiencing and together try to find the best way forward.
Contact US by:
- completing a referral form and hand into the school office in an envelope For the Attention of the Home School Link Worker, marked “Private”
- email Lucy at email@example.com
- or Bridgit firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I expect?
Your HSLW will fill in a referral form with you. We will always obtain your consent before initiating contact with your child. We are able to offer a confidential service regarding personal issues. If necessary we would seek your permission to share the information with staff at the school or with other agencies. Should a Child Protection issue be identified we are legally bound to follow Government Guidelines.
- For children and young people - moving-on-top-tips-for-pupils.pdf (mentalhealth.org.uk)
- For families - moving-secondary-school-17042013-d2146.pdf (mentalhealth.org.uk)
- Find Your Feet (youngminds.org.uk)
- SEN tips.indd (youngminds.org.uk)
- Parenting Smart parentingsmart.place2be.org.uk
- Parenting courses and advice orbispartnerships.sharepoint.com/sites/families_in_harmony